Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Keri Lynn!


Ms. Keri


With my grandnephew, Jaxen


Pretty Girl

Good morning! It with great pleasure that I am able to wish my dear niece, Keri Lynn a very happy 27th birthday today. Happy Birthday Keri!
It is with a significant amount of sadness that I have to report to you, dear readers, that I do not know my niece very well. We've always been separated either by distance or age, although we're usually very fond of each other, at least when my behavior does not leave her perplexed.
My first memory of her is when I met her, her mother (my sister), and my mother, at a restaurant in Granada Hills when she was around two years old. She was always a beautiful child, and very cute. She was wearing an adorable little dress that flared out at the bottom, a party dress perhaps. She seemed to accept her Uncle right off.
And I would continue to see her at times at my dear mother's house in Arizona. Keri liked to sit on my lap at times, if she wasn't busy running around (she was a very hyper child).
Although her mother at times reported to me Keri was not always the angel I knew her to be (like calling 911 after watching an episode of her favorite television show, "Rescue 911," hosted by William Shatner. My poor sister woke to the police pounding on her door) she could never do any wrong as far as Uncle Rick was concerned.
There was a brief time I lived with my sister and Keri in 2000. She of course was around 16 at the time, and busy doing whatever it is 16 year old girls do. I can tell you this about my niece. She is a conformist. I know this because she walked in on me while I was practicing yoga, a balancing position if I remember correctly. She looked at me as if I'd grown a third leg or something, and demanded to know what I was doing.
"Yoga," I told her.
She didn't appreciate my attempt at physical and spiritual well being, and walked off with an incredulous air.
I left Arizona at the end of 2000 and haven't been back since. But one year ago, on the 23rd of this very month, my darling little niece gave birth to her own child, Jaxen Lee (named after a character from the television show "Sons of Anarchy." My niece seems to have an affinity toward thugs on motorcycles).
I hope to visit them very soon.
And everyone here at Joyce's Take wishes Keri Lynn continued good health and fortune, and a very happy birthday!
Happy Birthday Keri!

No comments:

Post a Comment