Saturday, July 19, 2014

Skid Row Diary 30








2  October   2003   Thursday   Day 82


   I slept in until 5:00am. I listened to the Mark and Brian regurgitated comedy hour, with Mark describing a horny female as “she grabs her ankles to get more.” Sex, sex, sex! That’s all they talk about. They’re worse than I am.
   Utilizing my hawk like senses, I noticed that someone was filling in for the lovely Kelly Gates at the 5:30 newscast, and was immediately concerned for her health and well being. 
   Perhaps she had gotten into a horrific car crash, and was at that moment lying in the side of the road somewhere in the mountains of Santa Monica, and bleeding out, or was in some hospital in Bakersfield, sick with the SARS virus. 
   Or perhaps her online poker habit had gotten out of hand, and the mob had applied retributive measures, and her feet were now encased in cement and she had been dumped into the raging Los Angeles River (in which case her pretty knees would be in danger of pruning up).
   Naw... she was just late.
   I exercised and meditated, and I spent a good five minutes watching the wax at the bottom of a candle solidify after I had extinguished the flame.
    Giselle wore a lovely bare shouldered, plaid blouse, and black skirt.
   The world was mine for the taking.
   I didn’t want it.
   Dry waffles for breakfast. I next walked to the One Stop to get some more exercise, and to be there right when it opened. My strategy was successful, as I was the first in, and at the only computer there that allows prints to be made from a floppy disk. As luck would have it, I happened to have a floppy disk with information magnetically affixed to it which I needed to be printed. John’s letter that I had composed yesterday, and which also had some files on it that I needed updated, all of which had absolutely nothing to do with getting a job.
   Here’s the letter:

10-02-2003

My 2nd Dear John Letter:

   Hey Buddy, how are you doing? I hope you are well, employed at Technicolor, and everything is okay with you and your mom (your brothers I don’t care so much about).
   I didn’t call you the day after I last saw you because I had seen you the day before and didn’t have anything else to say. I guess it’s easier for me to write for some reason. I express myself better at least. But I will continue to try and call. I think I can use the phones at the Levi Center. I don’t want to call you collect.
   Since you’re not using it let me have your L.A. Library card number. I promise not to abuse it or aquire any charges against your account. The only reason I have charges against mine is due to my car being impounded with my library books in the trunk.
   I am doing well. Hanging in there. You’re absolutely right, I do get frightened when you’re not here, and hardly go outside anymore. Please come back! I can’t take it anymore.
   I will be joining the CWT program within a week or so, and will be working at the VA Hospital in Westwood. It sounds like a pretty good deal for a year or so. 
   I voted for Mary “Mary Carey” Cook for governor. As far as I can tell she is as qualified as Arnold for the job, and she’s way prettier. I voted early on a computer at the library.
   I’m trying to get to Knott’s Scary Farm by Halloween, to see Elvira. Want to come? I don’t want to go by myself, but will if I have to.
   I’m so lonely.
   Remember, my birthday is October 27th. I’ll be 32. Please send cash or a money order as a present. Cashiers check is also acceptable.
   My writing is going well. Working on several projects now. Rent, “The Day the Earth Stood Still,” and tell me what you think about it.
   Saw “The Rundown,” with The Rock, last weekend. It was pretty good, not great, but good. He was good in it.
   Well I’ll sign off now and let you get back to whatever it was you were doing (you’ll go blind if you touch it too long). See you soon.

Peace, love, dove.

   Now it was time to get paid. I caught the Red Line at the 7th St station, to Macarthur Park, and collected a check for $221.00, and $127.00 worth of food stamps (the county is still taking 10% out!). I bought 4 packages of Top Ramen from the 99 Cent Store, across the street from the check cashing place, just to spend some money before heading back downtown. 
   It was now 9:30, and I was in a bit of a hurry. Because it was on the way, I stopped at the little sandwich shop on 7th near Hill, and sold my food stamps for $101.00. Because it was on the way I stopped at the check cashing place on 6th and Spring and cashed the GR check (it’s cheaper to cash the check there rather than the check cashing place where the check was issued... 1.5% cheaper), and bought a money order for 75% of the total (minus the 1% check cashing fee), which came out to $164.09.
   I took a bus to San Pedro St., and was about two minutes early to the Super Search meeting at 10.
   Richard Cairns was there today, once again talking on until 11:30 about interviewing techniques. He is an interesting speaker and fun to listen to... and a twidge over confident. I asked him a question about letting a prospective employer know that the prospective employee was attending school. He said that it was a very good question.
   I was so pleased.
   He gave us all some nice printed information to help prepare us for some upcoming mock interviews. Very exciting.
   After lunch I attended the 1:00 ASAP Phase II meeting, in which we discussed life and career plans, and a step by step blueprint for achieving our goals. 
   One of the gentlemen who attends the meeting regularly brought with him a little dog in  a bag. The dog’s name was Lady, and looked to be a dirty miniature poodle-terrier mix. Her little moppy head could be seen protruding from the red gift bag her owner uses to carry her in. Once inside the meeting room she is released, at which point she makes a point of running up to each member in attendance sniffing at their ankles to determine if they passed muster. Some were rejected and told to leave.
   Lady enjoys a hearty drink from everyone’s cup of tasty beverage if she can get a chance.
   Afterwards I caught a Dash to Arco Plaza, to the post office, and paid the rent for my P.O. Box.
   “What zip code are you?” the large, black, female clerk asked me after I told her why I was there. I cooperated and told her.
   “The clerk who handles that area has gone for the day. You can come back tomorrow morning, or you can buy a money order and pay for it now, and I’ll give it to her in the morning. But I can’t accept any cash for that zip code.” She looked at me as if I should have a deep and complete understanding of the dilemma she found herself in.  
   Are we still living in the Middle Ages? The United States Postal Service, with the authority of the entire nation behind it, can’t figure out a way to make this simple transaction happen without the need for a second trip, or an extra expenditure of 75 cents for a USPS money order?
   I guess not.
   I opted for the money order, being flush with cash, and all, and so I wouldn’t have to come back. 
   After I left I remembered that I’d have to come back tomorrow anyway to make sure my account had been credited. 
   What an idiot I am.
   Next, I looked for a record store at the Macy’s Plaza on 7th, to buy Annette’s “Big Beautiful Sky.” It was the only place I could think of that might carry it that was within walking distance.
   I didn’t.
   If Venus Hum sang in Spanish, I could find 30 or more outlets nearby.
   Is that a racist statement?
   No. Irish alcoholics are a minority here.
   I purchased some yellow manilla envelopes from Rite-Aid, and a VCR of “About Schmidt,” starring Hope Davis and Kathy Bates, before returning to the Weingart, where I would spend the majority of the evening writing, reading, and meditating.
   I was so busy meditating that I missed Mira Sorvino guest starring on “Will and Grace,” 
   Well, that’s what “encore” broadcasts are for.
   I gathered unto the gentle embrace of Morpheus at around 1:30, when I couldn’t hold up the hardcover book I was reading any more. 
   I dreamt I was engaged in an endless game of “Risk,” the game of world domination, with Sophia Farrari and Tiffany Mynx, the beautiful and talented stars of “Priceless,” and “Forbidden,” respectively. We were playing in the dinning room of the group home I used to live in Chatsworth, when I was finishing up high school. The home was an extension of the Ranch San Antonio home for boys.
   Sophia kept amassing her troops in Italy and Europe in keeping with her stark Italian heritage. Tiffany bivouaced in the coveted Asia and Mongolia areas. 
   Mine were in New Jersey.
   We battled and battled for days unending, but no one ever gained an advantage, and no one won, at least until...


3   October    Friday   Day 83


   ... I woke up, feeling completely out of sink with the universe, so I neglected my duties at ASAP, and went to buy a Super Lotto ticket instead. 
   On the way I stopped at the indoor mall at 6th and Los Angeles, and purchased a VCR copy of David Fincher’s “Panic Room,” from the pretty Hispanic lady who owns the video stall. She forced me to make an additional purchase by lowering the price of “One Hour Photo,” starring Connie Nielsen, from $5 to 4. 
   “You’re a good business woman,” I told her. She laughed.
   I continued west on 6th past Spring, to a little grocery store no bigger than my room at the Weingart. They sell lottery tickets there. I bought one “quick pick,” ticket, which means I allowed the computer (random number generator) within the lotto ticket machine to choose the numbers to be printed on my ticket. Those numbers were 19, 34, 43, 45, 46, with a mega number of 22. 
   I would learn Sunday morning that the computer picked the wrong numbers in order for me to win several million dollars (American), 19 being the only number chosen by the big ping pong ball machine in Sacramento, Saturday night, that I had.
    So much for computers. 
   Perhaps I should invest in my own ping pong ball machine, which might give me the winning number ahead of time, being sympathetic with the machine in the state’s capital. 
   Naw. 
   I purchased the day’s newspaper as well. On the front page gubernatorial candidate, Arnold Schwarzenegger apologized for acting badly with women at times. 
   Not many men can claim otherwise.
   I had also purchased a fake black leather wallet at the mall. I would take it back to my room, and I would cut a little piece from the paper with the day’s date printed on it, and place that little sliver of paper in one of the plastic photo holders in my new wallet. Now I would know what day I had bought the wallet, forever and forever. 
   Upon return to the Weingart I strode to Labren’s office to turn in my $164.09 money order. This is not rent, per se, but money the Weingart is holding for me for the time I leave the program. 
   Unfortunately this money does not collect interest.
   Labren asked Mrs. Jeter to take it as she still did not have a receipt book. Apparently her supervisors don’t trust her with one. For the first time I sat in Mrs. Jeter’s office while going through the process of handing over my money. She had a little plastic, white skull on her desk, which served a duel purpose of being a container. It was empty at the time.
   “You ready for Halloween,” I asked.
   “Yes.”
   I returned to my room and emptied the contents of my old wallet onto my desk. I went through them, discarding items that I no longer needed. Little notes to myself, movie ticket stubs, business cards, a banana I had forgotten about. The wallet itself was worn and streaked with faint lines of mottled green... perhaps some kind of wallet fungi.
   It’s no small thing for a man to change his wallet. A wallet is a man’s constant companion. He takes it everywhere, not like fickle women who change their purses as freely as they do their shoes. Pants may come and go, socks, underwear, hats, belts, suspenders, artificial limbs, cumberbunds, but wallets survive the daily transitions and life expectancies of normal clothing. A wallet is there when you need it. One takes it out to dinner, to the movies. It never argues. It’s dependable. About the only bad thing that can be said about it is that it can’t be washed.
   Hence the fungi.
   I suppose one could spray it with some Pine-Sol from time to time, but oh... so much work...
   I spent a good half hour filling up my new wallet with my personal belongings. I.D.,  social security card, credit card, certificates of deposit, birth certificate, life insurance policy, flood insurance policy,  one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Gaelic  phrase book and Buddhist scripture; one hundred dollars in pesos; one hundred dollars in gold kopecks; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings,  my continuum transfunctioner,  a device whose mystery is only exceeded by its power. 
   Upon opening my new wallet my monthly bus pass can clearly be seen behind a clear plastic window specifically designed to display such items. My beautiful co-editor of “Salvation Diary,” Michelle Chandler, can be seen directly across from my bus pass. She’s so pretty. I also have pictures of my friends Julie Laughlin, and Arlene C., as well as Cyndi Wood, Odalys, Giselle, Jennifer Connelly, Desiree Cousteau, Janine Turner, Jennifer Love Hewitt, and Rose McGowan.
   I also added some reference pictures of Nancy Travis, Jolene Blalock,  LeeLee Sorbreski, Marilu Henner,  Debra Norville, Kathy Bates, Sean Young, Nancy Allen, Nikki Cox, Karen Allen,  Laura Prepon, Angelina Jolie, Traci Lords, Kelly Bundy, Tippi Hedren, Carla Gugino, Mathilda May, Milla Jovovich, Gloria Leonard,  Katie Curic,  Vanessa Chase, Uma Thurman, Amber Lynn, Patricia Arquette, Marina Sirtis, Rosanna Arquette, Lois Ayers, Kimberly Carson,  Joanna Storm, Jan Smithers, Janet & Margot Kidder, Catherine Bell, Sophie B. Hawkins, Tanya Roberts, Laura San Giacomo, Liv Tyler, Carroll Conners, Elvira, the Mistress of the Dark, Thora Birch, Suzanne Somers, Mandy Moore, Rene Russo, Beverly D'Angelo, Barbara Eden, Alyson Hannigan, Ellen Greene, Drew Barrymore, Violet Blue, Molly Ringwald, Linda Kozlowski, Mimi Rodgers, Christine Taylor,  Heather Graham, Christy Brinkley, Selma Heyak, Alana Evans, Janette Littledove, Kristy Swanson, Kristin Dunst, Serina, Brittany Murphey, Shirley Jones, Moria Kelly, Dawn Wells,  Renee Zellweger, Asia Carrera, Shauna Grant, Cate Blanchett, Melissa Joan Hart, Tera Patrick,  Nicole Kidman, Meagan Leigh, Kate Winslett, Claire Danes, Helen Mirren, Adrienne Barbeau, . Rachel Weisz, Mia Kirsner, Marisa Tomei, Teri Polo, Stephanie Powers, Amanda Detmer, Erika Christensen, Stephanie Kramer, Micky Lynn, Grace Kelly, Amanda Peet, Bernadette Peters, Catherine Zeta Jones, Dina Spybey, Jill St. John, Diana Rigg, Anna Friel, Ariel Knight, Tami White, Alicia Witt, Denise Richards, Debra Messing, Kay Parker, Shauna McCullough, Ashley Judd, Elkie Sommers, Taija Rae, Lysette Anthony, Shannon Elizabeth, Jenny McCarthy, Tori Spelling,  Jenny Agutter, Jeanna Elfman, Hilary Swank, Neve Campbell, Jane Pauley, Hayley Mills, Brittany O'Connell, Karen Valentine, Marilyn Chambers, Reese Witherspoon, Kathy Lee Gifford, Bebe Neuwirth, Kristina Barrington, Mila Kunis, Madeline Stowe, Pia Zadora, Dana Delaney, Jeri Ryan, Ione Sky, Julie Newmar, Stella Stevens, Terry Farrell, Danielle Martin, Kim Cattrell, Ginger Lynn, Patricia Kennedy, Natalie Portman, Mary Louise Parker, Connie Peterson,  Sara Jessica Parker, Devon Shire (OJ’s friend), Christina Ricci, Nikki Knights, Jane Fonda, Lili Marlene, Carrie Ann Moss, Samantha Strong, Fairuza Balk, Bunnie Bleu, Loretta Swift, Samantha Fox, Winona Ryder, Annabeth Gish, Seka, Gillian Anderson, Evangeline Lilly, Trisha Devereaux, Elizabeth Shue, Andrea Parducci, Laurel Canyon, Kelly Lebrock, Holly Hunter, Laura Linney, Eva Longoria, Pam Dawber, Stevie Nicks, Miranda Otto, Gina Gershon, Terri Irwin, Bridget Fonda, Elyse Luray, Shannon Dorethy, Natasha Henstridge, Erin Gray, the Olsen Twins, Penelope Ann Miller, Melanie Griffith, Marilyn Monroe, Jerri Hall, Geena Davis, Daryl Hannah, Laura Dern, Valerie Perrine, Kim Novak, Joey Heatherton, Elizabeth Montgomery, Olivia Hussey, Kate Beckinsale, Faye Dunaway, Sheri Lewis,  Sophia Loren, Famke Janssen, Bambi Lee, Michelle Johnson, Sarah Jane Hamilton, Demi Moore, Brittany Morgan, Gweneth Paltrow, Stephanie Rage, Mira Sorvino, Candie Evens,  Judy & Audrey Landers, Venus, Erin Francis Law, Mary Magdalene, Olivia de Havilland, Sedeqetelebab, Ne'elatama'uk, Aphrodite, Eve,  Emzara, Betsy Ross, Ne'elatama'uk, Adataneses, Morgan Smith Goodwin, Yasodharā, Frigg, Pandora, Nanna, Maid Marian, Juno, Olive Oyl, Athena, Betty Rubble, Minerva, Wilma Flintstone, Vesta, Jane Jetson, Lois Patrice Griffin, Judy Jetson, Meg Griffin, Alicyn Sterling, Diane Lane, Gina Carrera, Jessica Lange, Aja, Jennifer Carpenter, Natalie Wood, Eliza Dushku,  Tami Monroe, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Annette Haven, Isabelle Adjani, Vivian Leigh, Sophie Marceau, Tina Louise, Vanessa Angel, Courtney Love, Jennifer Aniston, Reba McEntire,  Ann Margaret, Andie Macdowell, Barbara Bach, Lisa Marie, Karen Summer, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Annette Benning, Elizabeth McGovern, Jacqueline Bisset, Maureen O'Hara, Yasmine Bleeth, Marie Osmond, Ingrid Bergman, Bionca, Victoria Principal, Isabella Rossellini, Christina & Tori  Raines, Loraine Bracco, Rhonda Jo Petty, Catherine Bach,  Katie Holmes, Joanna Cassidy, Lee Remick,  Phoebe Cates, Susan Sarandon,  Meg Tilly, Jane Seymour, Jennifer Tilly, Cybil Sheppard, Cheryl Ladd, Jaclyn Smith, Cyndi Lauper, Dorothy Straten, Madison Stone, Meryl Streep,  Julie Meadows, Sally Struthers, Cameron Diaz, Charlize Theron, Michelle Williams (the actress),  Michelle Williams (the other one), Heather Thomas, Fran Dresher, Linda Thorson,  Erika Eleniak, Shannon Tweed, Barbi Benton,  Lana Wood, Shrilyn Fenn, Jordan Ladd, Alyssa Milano, Riley Ann Sawyers, Anne Francis, Robin Tunney, Soleil Moon Frye, Kari Wuhrer, Ava Gardner, Traci Winn, Julianne Moore, Natalie Imbruglia, Emma Thompson, Sheryl Crow, Emily Watson, Jessica Rabbit, Joan Cusack, Amy Adams, Annie Lennox, Janeane Garafalo, Betty Ruble, Katey Sagal, Ariel the Mermaid, Daphne Blake, Nana Visitor, Claudia Black, Pink, Julia Louis Dreyfus, Sarah Silverman, Victoria Jackson, Stacy Donovan, Rebecca Romijn, Jane Porter, Loni Sanders, Shay Sweet, Nikki Charm, Katie Gold, Victoria Paris, Tara Reid, Dorothy Lemay, Flame, Roseanne Katon, Nina Hartley, Chloe Sevigny, Belladonna, Joy Harmon, Marki Post, Honey Wilder, Sunset Thomas, Lisa Deleeuw, Xeena Seaberg, Linda Wiesmeier, Minnie Driver, Tracey Adams, Sarah Polly, Tara Aire, Renne Griffen, Laura Bertram, Maria Conchita Alonso, Linda Florentino, Melissa George, Katherine Heigl, Dominique Swain, Enya, Claudia Christian, Anne Heche, Selma Blair, Terri Garr, Carol Lynley, Kay Lenz, Krista Lane, Leslie Ann Warren, Dana Lynn, Asia Argento, Clea Lewis, Samantha Mumba, Tiffany Mynx, Dagette Dalawhal, Vivianna Gibelli, the 1-800-Dentist Lady, Daphne Brogdon, Donna Murphy, Sharon Mitchell, Donna Douglas, Veronica Hart, Terri Copley, Ona Zee, Meredith McRae, Kari Fox, Abby Dolton, Barbi Doll, Lisa Robin Kelly,  Anne Archer, Cara Lott, Summer Rose, Careena Collins, Barbara Crampton, Paula Prentis, Sheryl Lee, Suzanne Pleshette, Cheri Taylor, Ziyi Zhang, Annette Funicello, Alicia Rio, Lois Netteton, Angel, Rachel Ashley, Olivia Williams, Kayla Rae Worden,  Morgan Fairchild, Lolita Davidovich, Mary Steenbergen, Myrka Dellanos, Hope Davis, Rebecca DeMornay, Debra Mazor, Samantha Morton, Julia Stiles, Julia Roberts, Sandra Bullock, Dyan Cannon, Mena Suvari, Maria Celeste Arraras, Natasha Lyonne, Ruby, Sophie Evens, Jamie Summers, Naomi Watts, Barbara Hershey, Katie Holmes, Jamie Lee Curtis, Judy Davis, Janet Leigh, Kelly Gates, Rosario Dawson, Lori Singer, Sierra, Priscilla Barnes, P.J. Sparxx, Jenilee Harrison, Maryam & Olivia D'abo, Elizabeth Perkins, Linda Ronstadt, Elizabeth Berkley, Nancy & Ann Wilson, Maureen O'Sullivan, Kate Vernon, Krista Allen, Cherry Mirage, Lillian Gish, Kaley Cuoco,  Gail Force, Gates McFadden, Linda Harrison, Holli Woods, Kristen Johnson, Kelli Richards, Melanie Blatt, Kristi Myst, Halle Berry, Lysa Thatcher, Wendy Thorlakson, Melissa Mendez, Gauge, Tina Tyler, Nicole Lace, Jewel DeNyle, Porsche Lynn, Scarlett Johansson, Janney Robbins, Randi Rage, Jacqueline Lorians,  Amanda Tapping, Renee Summers, Brooke West, Keira Knightley, Bridgette Monroe, Sid Deuce, Eva Mendes, Bridgette Monet, Sophia Ferrari, Erica Boyer, Tara Monroe, Kirsty Waay, Jessica Wilde, Blondi Anderson, Kandy Barbour,  Tawny Little, Sharon Kane, Ann Martin, Dorothy Parker, Shirley Jackson, Emily Dickinson, Katherine Anne Porter, Sylvia Plath, Joyce Carol Oates, Alice Walker, S.E. Hinton, Jhumpa Lahiri, Edith Wharton, Kate Chopin, Margaret Mitchell, Harper Lee, Harriet Beecher Stowe, Virginia Woolf (she frightens me), Mary Shelley, Flannery O'Connor, Kristanna Loken, Raquel Welsh,  Glenne Headley, Angela Summers, Teresa Ganzel, Bianca Trump, K.C. Williams, Nancy Suiter, Natalie Portman, Siobhan Hunter, Yvette Mimieux, Susan Hart, Ruta Lee, Frankie Leigh, Tiffany Malloy, Heather Hart, Ana Maria Canseco, Hyapatia Lee, Tawny Pearl, Anna Ventura, Debra Paget, Barbii, Francis McDormant, Colleen Brennan, Dana Dylan, Marlene Dietrich, Denise Crosby, Angie Dickinson, Breeze, Justine Shapiro, Papillon, Dee Dee Davis, Rachel Ryan, Heather Locklear, Megan Leitch, Rebecca Bardoux, Mary Tyler Moore, Rene Bond, Kristen Schaal, Laura Parker, Linda Cardellini, Cassandra Peterson, Patricia Heaton,  Kristin Kreuk, Mary "Mary Carey" Cook, Vanessa Branch, Christina Applelay, Heather Hunter, Mona Lisa, Sade, Isis Nile, the Pointer Sisters, Elizabeth Rohm, Glenda Panigura, Jean Louisa Kelly, Hilary Clinton, Virginie Ledoyen, Jessica Lundy, Rachel Leigh Cook, Jessie St. James, Radha Mitchell, Juliet Anderson, Parker Posey, Kirsten Dunst, Jade Barrymore, Aimee Mann, Brandi Wine, Heidi Klum, Leanna Foxxx, Linda Shaw, Cleopatra,  Hannah Harper, Melanie Moore, Ashley Blue, Juliet Mills, Phoebe Augustine, Buffy Davis, Lauren Sanchez, Crystal Wilder, Olivia Munn,  Teresa Parente, Keisha, Ellen Engleman, Teri Weigel, my favorite literary female April Delaney, from “The Magic Journey,” Trish Ambrose, Gail Porter,  Elle Rio, Jillian Barberie, Fallon, Luanne Platter, Maria Carey, Marisa Coughlin, Laura Croft, Julie Warner, Rita Hayworth, Carolyn Jones, Debbie Dunning, Christina Applegate, Sue Ann Langdon, Shonna Lynn, Sylvia Kristal, Christa Miller, Gretchen Mol, Yarel Ramos, Tiffany Amber Thiesen, Dorethy Lucy, Ann Druyan, Leah Remini, Tiffany Rose, Melissa Sagemiller, Charlotte Church, Gina Ryder, Penelope Cruz, Trish Van Devere, Susan Ancilio, Turanga Leela, Erica Leerhsen, Laura Harris, Natalie Merchant, Eva Gabor, Jane Leeves, Claudia Adkins, Vinessa Shaw, Sharon Lawrence, Valerie Golino, Betty Boop, Martha Keller, Amy Wong, Lindy Booth, Marla Sokoloff, Gina Lynn, Jackie Joseph, Ewa Aulin, Francesca Rettondini, Jackie Guerrido,  Chrissy Snow, Lacey Chabert, Dorethy Lamour, Ivanka Trump, Deborah Foreman, Francis O'Conner, Amy Davidson, Amy Paffrath, Mariel Booth, Lucille Ball, Milana Vayntrub , Rachel Grate, Camille Chen, Franka Potente, Kira Knightly, Karen Kopkins, Rachel Roberts, Suzi Suzuki, Claire Bloom, Jennifer Beals, Kiki Daire, Nicki Aycox, Bambi Woods, Constance Zimmer, Maureen McCormick, Sally Layd, Rachel Ray,  Jessica Biel, Maria Spiroulu, Anna Paquin, Kate Beckensale, Anette Strean, Imogen Stubbs, Greta Garbo, Susanne Christian-Kubrick, Kelly Ripa, Susan Sullivan, Chiaki Kuriyami, Mary (Carey) Cook, Alex Kingston, Monica Keena, Ana Patricia Rojo, Judy Holiday, Alida Valli, Pornjan Khantee, Brittney Spears, Roma Downey, Goldie Hawn, Lauren Ambrose, May May T-Chung, Ana Layevska, Hiromi Oshima, Illeana Douglas, Sara, Vicki, & Rachel Shatterfield, Sue Lyon, Tiffany Taylor, Carly Foulkes, Lacey, Sophie Sweet, Vivica A. Fox, Donna Reading, Connie Nelson, Marcia Gay Harden, Veronica Lake, Ana Kernokova,  Savannah, Sara Tanaka, Maria Schneider,  Jennifer Pankratz, Autumn Austin, Sara & Deisy Teles, Ander Paige, Julianne Moore, Cynthia Fox, Kelly Preston, Audrey Meadows, Mayra Veronica, Lauren Graham, Felix Vicious, Cassie Krystal, Elizabeth Berridge, Christy Canyon, Austin O'Reilly,  Jennifer Gardener, Misty Parks, Ann Marie, Jasmine St. Claire, Linda Carter, Connie Booth,  Betsy Palmer, Kim Basinger, Carol Kane, Sarah Halcomb, Audree Jaymes, the  Porcelean Twinz, Anna Ohura, Taylor Ann, Sarah McLeod, Missy Monroe, Tawny Stone,  Galadriel, Barbara Aldon, Rhonda Shear, Tabitha Stevens, Nicolette Sheridan, Sharon Stone, Rachel Ward, Jill Ireland, Louisa Moritz, Vera Miles, Tricia Leigh Fisher, Marina Gruja, Carol Burnet, Erica Rosa Campbell, Rachel Miner, Kelly Reilly, Taylor Rains, Michelle Wild, Shauna O'Brian, Verna Bloom,  Catherine Deneuve, Marcia Cross, Lisa Baur, Kitma Baker, Rose Byrne, Amee Donovan, Christine Lindley, Lisa Loeb, Sofia Vergara, Amber Rain, Denise Crosby, Wendy James, Courtney Devine,  Elizabeth Kaitan, Charlotte Ayannay, Christy Harris, Alexis Malone, Shannon Whirry, Lisa-ann Gershwin, Chelsia Rose Marcius, Bijou Phillips, Michelle  Trachtenberg, Rosamund Pike, Alanis Morisette, Donna DeRico, Janet Margolin, Brooklyn Mills, Jane Russell, Kristi Johnson, Rhonda Fleming, Brittany Murphy, Lily Belle Burk, Mayleen Ramey, Piper Perabo,  Rula Jebreal, Raquel Smashenburn, Amy Lindsay, Maya Rudolph, Nikki Viola, Susen Misner, Bunny Luv, Kelli Jaunsen, Carmen Dominici, Heather Herman,  Mya Harrison, Judith Light, Carey Lowell, Fern Holland, Barbi Belle, Tiffany Walker, Sally Kellerman, Denise Faye, Bianca Kajlich, Janice Karmen, Anita See, Sara Foster, Rachel Marie, Deborah Fallender,  Katie Johnson, Taylor Lynn, Barbara Bermudo, Ana Kasparian, Roxanne Hall, Erin Brockovich, Kathy Griffen, Linda Hunt,  Ariana LaNova, Lindsay Sloane, Marlee Matlin, Chloe Clark, Judy Starr, Elizabeth James, Elizabeth Vargus, Jane Krakowski, Bianca Lawson, Amber Michaels, Peggy Dow, Rebecca Pidgeon, Stephanie Weir, Alicia Silverstone, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Nicole Eggert, Poppy Montgomery, Laura Harring, Kate Hudson, Melinda Clarke, Jacqueline Obradors, Amanda  Byram, Colista Flockhart, Leslie Mann, Paola Pessot, Ludivine Sagnier, Christine Ritchie,  Rachel Griffiths, Rachel Bilson, Josie Moran, Renee Townsend, Elizabeth Taylor, Julienne Davis, Devin Devasquez, Mary Ann Mobley, Loni Anderson, Eva Green, Jennifer Pena, Katina Elena Sergeevna, Charo, Eva Marie Saint, Joanne Woodward, Fiona Johnson, Liz Fraser, Alana Austin, Katagiri Mami, Clare Samuels, Misty Rowe, Michelle Rossi-Voorhees, Kira Reed, Laura Holgate, Maria Grazia Buccella, Angeline Ball, Marimi Sato, Branagh Gallagher, Julie Bowen, Britt Ekland, Chelsie Clinton, Gina Lolabridgida, Kyra Sedgwick, Maria Doyle, Diane Mizota, Patricia Neal, Joyce Dewitt, Gina Pacheco, Julie Delpy, Joan Severance, Mindy Sterling, Clara Beller, Carrie Ann Inaba, Michelle Husiane, Sue Scott, Raquel Darrin, Kelly Cox, Paula Malcomson, Tess Ferre, Cindi Lee, Sage Whitfield, Georgina Spelvin, Robin Cannes, Cori Marjon, Terry Moore, Chyler Leigh, Tabitha Fox, Ava Fabian, Lillian Muller, Erica Evens, Abagail Adams, Kelis, Jane Lynch, Catalina Sardino Moreno, Cheryl Hines, Joan Allen, Alesha Oreskovich, Linnea Quigley, Evan Rachel Wood, Lynx Cannon, Jamie Bergman, Lacey Barnes, Vanna White, Mary Kay Place, Jennifer Lopez, Charlotte Lopez, Nikki Reed, Jennifer Aspen, Meadow Sisto, Jennifer Lyons, Dita Von Tess, Alice Faye, Leslie Ann Down, Heather Kozar, Melinda Dillon, Leigh Taylor Young, Sarah Holcomb,  Natasha Yi, Robin Walmsley, Volkova Yulia Olegovna, the Pierce Triplets, Cludia Trejos, Jessica Collins, Sonia Braga, Sienna Guillory, Michelle Rodriguez, Audra McDonald, Yuliya Mayarchuk, Ariana Richards, Jami Farrell, Emmanuelle Beart, Mary Woronov, Jasmine Raff, Emily Blunt, Kathleen Beller, Bobby Gentry, Pam Greer, Svetlana Uskneo, Cindy Margolis, Barbara Bogeav, Maureen Dowd, Juliette Kayyem, Anna Faris, Molly Rysman, Beth Dian Prandini, Claire Keim, Diane Dibrell Holt, Sandrine Kiberlain, Nicole Parker, Susan Featherly, Coleen Gray, Kayla Paige, Lisa Kushell, Jane Heitmeyer, Alicia Machado, Shannon Fill, Naudia Styles, Cherry Poppins, Casey Chambers, Dr. Francine Patterson, Wen Yann Shih, Joanna Page, January Jones, Holly Morris, Kimberl Laferriere, Diana Krall, Alexis Bledel, Betty Grable, Jennifer Bohn, Christa Campbell, Lisa Ray, Karen Christy, Skye Sweetnam, Paz Vega, Tanya Beckett, Emily Browning, Ana Marie Cox, Judy Carne, Rachel Boesing, Vivian Vance, Maria Menounos, Lindsey Lohan, Dania Ramirez, Sandra Dee, Sally Fields, Lynn Collins, Natasha Richardson, Grace Slick, Helen Boxendale, Claudia Maro, Lu Parker, Helena Bonham Carter, Ernestine L. Rose, Franchine Dee, Ann Dusenberry, Jill Ritchie, Marguerite Chapman, Molly Parker, Megan McCormick, Yvonne Craig, Nicole Sheridan, Nina Cherry, Katty Kay, all Orion slave girls, Aisha Tyler, Emily Procter,  Alex Witt, Jenna Wells, Miranda Cosgrove, Doris Day, Debbie Reynolds, Christina Milian, Arielle Kebbel, Vanessa Ferlito, Julia Latynina, Megan Mullally, Kelli Garner, Devon Aoki, Eva Evangeline, Haley Hunter, Emile DaVinci, Stephanie Miller,  Zooey Deschanel, Heylee Bang, Beverly Mitchell, Claire Forlani, Tais Araujo, Shawnee Smith,  Lisa Boyle, Lisa Picotte, Sarah Ann Morris, Carol Wayne, Elizabeth Banks, Tammy Lynn Michaels, Joan Hackett, Estelle Bingham, Dr. Susan E. Rice, Dagmara Dominczyk,  Marianela Pereyra, Maria Checa, Shannon Leahy, Tina Barrett, Rachel Stevens, Hannah Spearett, Danielle Fishel, Portia de Rossi, Paula Ficara, Jessica Stern, Eve Arden, Crista Flanagan, Emily Bazelon, Susan Strasberg, Simi Garewal, Bridgit Ryan, Daniele Gaither, Bridget Bardot, Missi Pyle, Virginia North, Valli Kemp, Leslie Grossman, Ann Baxter, Carrie Underwood, Sheri Moon, Jennie Garth, Amanda Bynes, Helena Apothaker, Kate Bosworth, Regina Hall, Linda Lovelace, Inger Stevens, Debbie Shair, Jamie Pressly,  Jaime King, Toni Collette, Vivien Leigh, Jessica Darling, Tiffany Sloan, Chantel Dubay, Kathleen Bradley, Lanisha Cole, Tabitha King,  Erika Valdez, Sonia Vera, Teri Harrison, Nikki Zeno, Holly Hollstrom, Cynthia Brimhall, Heather Kozar, Vaitiare Bandara, Margo Martindale, Katie Nauta, Jean Harlow, Gloria Swanson, Irina Dunn, Gloria Steinem,  Sherrice Iverson, Jill Barcomb, Kitty Genovese, Georgia Wixted, Charlotte Lamb, Robin Samsoe, Jill Parenteau, Nancy Clutter, Sharon Tate, Olivia Wilde, Katheryn Perry, Alexis Dziena, Michelle Monaghan, Nicole Nagel, Serena South, Allysin Chaynes, Mary Hart, Melissa Chan, Rosa Blasi, Fann Wong, Tina Nordstrom, Maguerite Moreau, Brittany Ann O'Connell, Jennifer Blaire, Adrianne Palicki, Jennifer Salt, Roselyn Sanchez, Shawna Loyer, Kristen Bell, Lisa Sheridan, Kari Matchett, Mary McCormack, Katee Sackhoff, Leighton Meester, Sophia Bush, Leslea Fisher, Christy Harvey, Maria Bello, Drea de Matteo, Amanda Seyfried, Kate Beahan, Kerry Fox, Nadine Velazquez, Suzanne Snyder, Mariette Hartley, Sunny Mabrey, Catherine Crier, Deborah Kerr, Pam Karlan, Joanna Pettet, Daliah Lavi, Honor Blackman, Joanna Lumley, Katie Fey, Alicia Coppola, Elisha Cuthbert, Alison Angel, Gerda Ann Cerra Koontz, Arden Myrin, Jenna Fischer, Tina Fey, Fiona Gubelmann, Chanelle Chavez, Amy Poehler, Phoebe Price, Oksana Baiul, Abi Tucker, Alexa Hamilton, Tamron Hall, Nathalie Boltt, Mili Avital, Soledad O’Brian, Kate Beahan, Debra LaFave, Amanda Duncan, Amanda Swisten, Lisa McCree, Sue Turton, Cindy Cashdollar, Kelly Carlson, Colleen Porch, Lucy Punch, Brenda Strong, Eva Amurri, Julie Andrews, Darci Donavan, Vanessa Carlton, Rachel Harris, Musetta Vander, Laura Knightlinger,  Lake Bell, Busy Phillips, Stacy Keibler, Beth Rogan, Denise Nicholas,  Shirley Maclaine, Judy Strangis, the Wailing Jennys, Zuleikha Robinson, Dawn Maxey, Christine Ebersole, Karen Black, Angel Veil,  Ellen Johnson, Stacy Ferguson, Galima Bukharbayeva, Lauren Holly, Adriana Catano, Connie Stevens, Wafah Dufour, Marisol Nichols, Shae D’Lyn, Amy Sedaris, Nikki Zeiring, Vanessa Potkin, Diane Kruger, Virginia Madsen, Sonia Aquino, Bridget Moynahan, Samar Assad, Jamie Gertz, Faith Ford, Renee Olstead, Marsha Mason, Kelly O’Donnell, Drs Jennifer & Laura Berman, Lynn Lowry, Kristin Cavallari, Isabelle Huppert, Talia Shire, Isla Fisher, Carmen Miranda, Lilly Tomlin, Kamala Lopez-Dawson, Chistine Ebersole, Danneel Harris, Chrystia Freeland, Meghan Ory, Hallie Todd, Britt Irvin, Gayle Hunnicut, Pamela Franklin, Ahna Capri, Julie Christie, Andrea Dromm, Rachel Maddow, Faith Hill, Kate Shindle, Lorri Bagley, Collen Dunn, Emily Wing, Kate Haswell, Sharon Kaough, Lenka Novak, Betsy Genson, Nancy Mann, Gwen Van Dam, Kiley Wirtz Jennings, Uschi Digard, Amy Sullivan, Dona Drake, Monica Potter, Olivia Judson, Nigella Lawson, Pauley Perrette, Adriana Lima,  Brooke Langton, Katherine Kendall, Christina Cox, Leonor Varela, Kate Ashfield, Cookie Knapp, Amy Smart, Molly Sims, Brande Roderick, Brittany Daniel, Tina Majorino, Kaya Kimura, Kristin Lehman, Lia Beldam, Sgt. Kelly Dougherty, Shannen Doherty, Lena Headey,  Marion Cotillard, Colette Hiller, Sophia Myles, Nicole Eggert, Natalie Denise Sperl, Sarah & Emma Bolger, Cecile De France, Sheila Kennedy, Sunny Leone, Lizzie West, Sarah Jane Potts,  Sarah Alexander, Susan Ward, Cicciolina Ilona Staller, Holly Clegg, Jennifer Trasper, Juliet Landau, Gigi Edgley, Kaylee Defer, Ellen Page, Alison Sweeney, Emily Proctor, Cerina Vincent, Bethany McLean, Cobie Smulders,  Monica Bellucci, Beth Riesgraf, Andrea Koppel,  Kylie Travis, Vida Guerra, Carmon Electra, Brooke Burns,  Ashley Scott, Kara Mynor, Erinn Bartlett, April Bowlby, Sarah Shahi, Lana Sands, Emilie de Ravin, Sinnamon Love, Reagan Gomez Preston, Svetlana Shusterman, Dona Jordaan, Joanne Nail, Robbie Lee, Sabrina Tavernise, Cheryl Rainbeaux Smith, Patrice Rohmer, Susie Elene, Jo Johnston, Collen Camp,  Stephanie Fondue, Denise Dillaway, Brandy Woods, Kim Stanton, Fay Masterson, Melora Walters, Charlie Spradling, Taryn Manning, Jena Malone, AJ Cook, Sarah Carter, Audrey Tautou, Reylene Richards, Miyoshi Umeki, Vahina Giocante, Holly Robertson Peete, Nora Miao, Tiffany Granath, Sora Aoi, Clare Kramer, Theresa Wayman, Carmen Fought, Stephanie Nevin, Naureen Zaim, Cindy Taylor, Summer Altice, Melanie Mayron, Michelle Marsh, Elizabeth Alexander,  Lucy Pinder, Bambi Dolce, Angela Zimmerly, Jennifer Jones, Jennifer Lavoie, Yvonne De Carlo, Pat Priest, Beverley Owen, Lumi Cava, Tina O’Brian, Lacy DuValle, Michelle Ryan, Jennifer Sky, Jelena Jensen, Michelle Forbes, Elisa Pensler Gabrielli,  Raffaella Carrà, Jennifer Elise Cox,  Rosemary Forsyth, Ana Claudia Talancon, Meagan Good, Jessica Cauffiel, Paula Garces, Molly Stanton, Julie Benz,  Emily Booth,  Jennifer Muir, Alexis Bloom, Cha Cuo, Annabella Sciorra,  Elizabeth Daily, Kelly Lynch, Pamela Rogers, Kylie Bax, Mary Kay Latourneau, Cecilia Suarez,  Barbara Nedeljakova, Bree Walker, Anne Hathaway, Ryan Conner, Sarah Purcell, Brooke Adams, Alice Krige, Gwen Wells, Gwen Verdon, Leslie Caron, Judy Garland, Liza Minnelli,  Barbara Harris, Shelley Duvall, Agnes Bruckner, Shannon Getsit, Aishwarya Rai, Natascha McElhone, Piper Laurie, Brenda Currin, Amy Delucia, Maria Tornberg, Michelle Thomas, Natalia Cigliuti, Sarah Paulson, Courtney Peldon, Claudia Jennings,  Mary Ellen Kleinhall, Bo Derek, Kimberly Haeg, the Statute of Liberty, Lizzy Caplan, Andrea Anders, Lady Justice, Heather Goldenhersh, Kimberly Williams-Paisley, Vanessa Marcil, Milina Kanakaredes, Anita Dark, Karrine Steffan, Anya Monzikova, Courtney Thorn Smith, Eva Angelina, Victoria Woods, Monika Star, Kelly Tyler, Chandra West, Karen McDougal, Debra Unger, Diora Baird,  Hudson Leick, Grace Lee Whitney, Victoria Pratt, Lexa Doig, Virginia Hey, Simone Claire,  Rosemarie DeWitt, Judy Greer, Marilyn Milian, Masuimi Max, Amy Miller, Destiny Davis,  Alana Curry, Vanessa Minnillo, Natasha Bedingfield,  Emmy Rossum, Paige Brooks, Colombe Jacobsen-Derstine, Brandi Sherwood, Sarah Chalke, Sofia Milos, Lindsey Logan, Katya Virshilas, Toni Senecal, Leah Luv, Mindy Vega, River Donovan, Marie Curie, Abigail Adams,  Alison Goldfrapp,  Jacinda Barrett, Amber Tamblyn, Melanie Lynskey, Angleica Durango,  Juliet Tablak, Heather Paige Kent, Taylor Cole, Tera Heart, Vivian Gray, Arielle Dombasle, Angela Sarafyan, Amber Dolle, Becca Sweitzer, Maria de Medeiros, Vera Farmiga, Suleka Mathew, Emily Bergl, Sarah Strange, S.E. Cupp, Krystal Ball, Abby Huntsman, Lorraine Nicholson, Juliet Prowse, Sela Ward,  Rita Rudner, Cara Buono, Anita Ekberg, Jayne Mansfield, Ty Glaser, Helene de Fougerolles,  Marin Hinkle, Mariska Hargitay, Jill Pike, Alica Taglioni, Margaret Nolan, Mamie Van Doren, Marisa Allasio, Senta Berger, Lori Sanders, Linda Kaye Henning, Ami Dolenz, Elaine Boosler, Lursa and B'Etor Duras, Stephanie March, Lola Glaudini, Shoshannah Stern, Sprague Grayden, Lana Likic, Stacy London, Brooke Shields, Keri Russell, Virginia Madson, Amy Walz, Cynthia Lynn, Sigrid Valdis, Hypatia, Ellen Barkin, Robin Wright, Annie Jump Cannon, Meghan Ashley, Valerie Azlynn, Sherie Rene Scott, Leilani Dowding, Henrietta Swan Leavitt, Hayden Panettiere, Jobeth Williams, Yvette Nelson, Amy Vasbeck, Gia Carides, Cecilia Payne-Gaposchkin, Marie Tharp, Keeley Hazell, America Ferrera, Jessica Alba, Jessica Simpson, Emily Keyes, Teresa Palmer, Emmery Munoz, Elise Neal,  Alison Lohman, Kari Byron, Alexandra Sim Wise, Tiffany Rayne, Veronica Vanoza, Esurence Girl, Linda O’Neil, Maya Mills, Jenny Quinn, Katie Carso, Racheal Baughan, Anka Romensky,  Victoria & Vanessa Milton, Mellisa Kay, Lil' Lexie, Heather Sych, Little Summer, Joanna Marie,  Misty Silver,  Jennifer Granholm, Little April,  Yulia Nikolina, Jodie Foster, Mindy Sterling, Mellisa Milano, Jill Hennessey,  Natalie Maines, Little Bree, Mia Bangg, Margaret Easley, Nikki Dial, Caroline Dhavernas,  Holly Lewis, Taylor Schilling, Dascha Polanco, Yael Stone, Taryn Manning, Elizabeth Rodriguez, Jackie Cruz, Lauren Lapkus, Alysia Reiner, Lizzy Caplan, Betsy Brandt, Anna Gunn, Laura Fraser, Amanda Walsh, Allison Mack,  Erica Durance, MacKenzie Mack, Joanna Angel, Destiny Summers, Morgan Webb, Anna Benson, Natalie Gulbis, Kristen Chenoweth, Linda Hardy, Leann Tweeden, Marie-Josee Croze, Chloe Nicole, Robyn Moler, Poorna Jagannathan,  Beth Anna, Heatther Wahlquist, Regina Rice, Charity Shea, Dian Parkinson,  Dee Wallace, Moon Bloodgood, Tara Conner, Alexandra Holden, Kelly Rowland, Beyonce Knowles, Katherine Isabelle, Anna Rose Chang Laura Ramsey, Nicole Bobek, Zuleyka Rivera, Nikki Sanderson, Jemima Rooper, Jillian Michaels, Elizabeth Hasselbeck, Amy Spanger, Stacey Nelkin, Ashanti, Kim Delaney, Angie Harmon, Samantha Mathis, Q'orianka Kilcher,  Carrie Stroup, Abbie Cornish, Zoe Tapper, Kate Mara, Rhona Mitra, Susan Barnes, Jill Kelly, Janine Lindemulder, Shirley Temple, Sarah-Jane Potts, Georgina Horsley, Lara Logan, Alysha Del Valle, Marley Shelton, Paula Patton, Lauren German,  Zoe Bell, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kim Director,  Kiersten Warren, Sarah Roemer, Joi Lansing, Madeline Castle, Sharon Costanzo, Selena Gomez,  Madison Monroe, Madison Sins, Tabitha Blue, Sasha Knox, Jennifer Hurt, Candice Jackson,  Georgine Darcy, Brittany Sylvanowicz, Maggie Star, Paloma, Anneka di Lorenzo, Valerie Rae Clark, Eileen Daly,  Dawn Allison, Melissa Lauren, Adrianna Costa, Jennifer Inch, Jennifer Ehle, Maria Ford, Holly Sampson, Virginia Mayo, Nancy O'Brian, Brigitte Lahaie, Deborah Caprioglio, Claire Keim, Catherine Ringer,  Helli Louise, Nicole Brown Simpson, Jovita Bush, Kimberley Page, Natalie Avital, Jenna Gering, Kimber Riddle,  Siobhan Fallon, Marie McCray, Denise Boutte, Danica KcKellar, Lindsay Maxwell, Michelle Molineux, Kim Poirier, Kelly Rice, Margherita Donato, Natalie McFetridge, Leslie Stefanson, Josie Davis,  Cindy Ambuehl, Sarah Larson, Lisa Snowden, Rachel Nicols, Morgan Layne, Abbie Boudreau,  Dawn Yanek, Kathleen Robertson, Chay Santini, Sandra Seeling, Stacy Ann Rose, Mariann Gavelo, Erika Smith, Hiromi Oshima, Emmanuelle Vaugier, Tawny Kitaen, Alessandra Toreson, Martina Finch, Deborah Harmon, Tracy Smith, Dani Douthette, Toni Alessandrini, and Warren G. Harding. 
   I wish I could have squeezed a few more pictures in, but there’s only so much room in your average wallet.
   "We're going to need a bigger wallet," I told myself.
   Please don’t read anything into the order of those presented above. Each of these ladies I cherish for their own individual qualities, whatever they may be. I have no illusions towards their humanity and do not idolize them, and do not pretend that each lack  their own faults and times of awkward despair. Yet I consider it a privilege to have existed at a time corresponding to their own life spans, or at a point where I could learn of them from the past, and I look forward to meeting, or learning of others in the future (some of these ladies, it seems, are from the future... which is really weird and inexplicable). 
   I know this though, upon the instant of my death, along with my own family, past loves and friends, I shall remember each with fondness, and rejoice that my life was made easier because of my knowledge of them.
   Except for Harding.
   Why do I have pictures of these ladies, some of them I don’t even know, in my wallet? 
   Because it pleases me to have them there, and it helps to alleviate some of my immense loneliness.  
   I was pleased with the finished result. One really can’t tell if a new wallet will live up to your expectations until it is filled, and all personal items safely tucked away into their new home. 
   Now, with my somewhat bulky and quite heavy wallet filled to capacity, I was ready to face the world.
   I watched what became my favorite new movie, “About Schmidt,” the story of widower Warren Schmidt, a retired insurance actuary from Omaha, trying to find some meaning for his life at age 66, and attempting to save his estranged daughter from entering into a disastrous marriage. 
   Brilliantly portrayed by Jack Nicholson, and written and directed by Alexander Payne, I found the film very affecting, and somewhat touching, not particularly funny although it was billed partly as a comedy. Those parts that were amusing seemed to take from the story. 
   Personally though I found myself relating to what Schmidt was trying to do and feel. We even both sponsored children in third world countries, his, a little boy in Tanzania, mine, a little girl in Thailand.  
   I had to stop the tape the movie was on at 4:30 to have dinner, and again at 5:30 to watch Jackie Guerrido’s weather report on the Univision channel.  
   One must be aware of the weather. 
   It was interesting to note, at least for me, that during the credits a whole screen was devoted to Nicholson’s eight personal assistants, including two chefs. Does this guy tie his own shoe laces, or what? 
   Of course not. He probably uses buckles. 
   Anyway, this is certainly different from his “Little Shop of Horrors,” days.
   After reading until midnight, I watched “Panic Room,” which I’ve seen twice before. I’m a big fan of the director, David Fincher. His “Fight Club,” is a masterpiece. This film, the tale of a creepy burglary in a Manhattan town house, is a great follow up. As you may recall dear readers, I like long tracking shots, and “Panic Room,” provides a good one. Beginning at Jodie Foster’s bed and traversing all throughout her brand new empty house, utilizing newly developed X-Ray and miniaturization technology not available to most ordinary people.
   I went to sleep after the movie. It was late. I dreamt I was walking through a flooded rice paddy field in Thailand, holding Pornjan Kantee’s hand, the little girl I once sponsored. She was holding Courtney Love’s hand, and we walked on toward the setting sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment