Saturday, September 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Cindi (Wood)!




Happy Birthday wishes go out today for one of my very favorite models and actresses, Ms. Cynthia Wood!
A Los Angeles girl, she was born in Burbank, in the southeast corner of the famous San Fernando Valley. I used to live in Burbank, and remember it as being very hot. NBC has their studios in Burbank, and that is where The Tonight Show, with Jay Leno is taped. Johnny Carson coined the phrase "Beautiful Downtown Burbank."
Well I don't know how beautiful downtown Burbank is (it's not really that beautiful at all), but I do know how beautiful Cyndi is, and she is my absolute favorite model ever from Playboy magazine. I'm not sure why, but she is, and always will be.
Others, probably men, seemed to appreciate her as well, as she not only became a Playmate, but was Playmate of the Year for 1974, which is quite an honer I'm told.
I don't know much about Cyndi, but I do know this:
She likes to sew, design clothes, write and sing tunes in her spare time. I like to sing!
She likes spaghetti and stew. Hey, so do I!
She's honest, sincere, and loyal (at least she was a long time ago. She's probably smartened up by now). She's also completely trusting, and looks for the good in everyone she meets.
And she tends to believe in people who turn out not to be sincere (bet she's smartened up on that one too).
Cyndi is a wonderful actress as well, and has appeared in the Warren Beatty film, "Shampoo," "Van Nuys Boulevard" (which I lived near for more than 20, 25 years), and a touching performance in Francis Ford Coppola's epic, "Apocalypse Now" (she sure knew how to use those six shooters!), and "Apocalypse Now Redux."
I hear she is Doctor Cyndi Woods these days, having earned a Ph.D. in psychology, which was my lovely case manager, Erin's, major in college.
We all have so much in common!
Anyway, all of us here at Joyce's Take wish Ms. Woods the best of luck in whatever she continues to do, and a very happy birthday!
Happy Birthday Cyndi!

No comments:

Post a Comment