Monday, August 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Mary-Louise (Parker)!




Happy birthday wishes go out this morning for one of my favorite actresses, Ms. Mary Louise Parker! A South Carolina girl (hey, I knew something good came out of that state!), and an army brat, Mary spent some childhood time in Tennessee and Texas, and Asia and Europe. She studied drama in North Carolina, and began her career on Soap Operas, as many do, then theater and Broadway. I first saw Ms. Parker in Lawrence Kasdan's "Grand Canyon," and she instantly caught my attention. I don't know why, but she did.
She continued with theater, and movies of course, from which I'm familiar with her work (I've never seen her in a play). Some of my favorite films she has appeared in are "Fried Green Tomatoes," (yes, I've actually seen this "Chick Flick." I even paid money to see it... American), "Bullets Over Broadway," "The Client," "Boys On the Side," and "Red Dragon."
Ms. Parker has also made her delightful presence known on the small screen as well, in significant roles on "West Wing," and the production of "Angels in America." But I will always love her in "Weeds," as the upper-middle class widow who attempts to make ends meet by selling marijuana, sort of a downplayed "Breaking Bad."
She is the mother of one son, and has adopted a little girl from Ethiopia. She's won 3 Emmy Awards, 2 Golden Globes, and 3 Tony Awards for Best Leading Actress in a Play, among others. She also writes for Esquire magazine. She's smart, beautiful, and sexy, and all of us here at Joyce's Take wish her a very happy birthday. Happy Birthday Mary-Louise!

No comments:

Post a Comment